CII is developing its programs for the coming year. Among the topics being considered for possible panels, lectures, or other discussion are:
- Security clearance challenges, including reform, navigating security processes, and protecing personal and national security interests.
- Whistleblower protections, challenges, and what intelligence officers ought to know.
- Personal liability risks facing intelligence officers, what insurance does and doesn't cover, and how to protect yourself.
In addition, CII is considering several historical events with current relevance or interest:
- Intelligence challenges in the Afghan war against the Soviet Union.
- A selected at successful U.S. agents, the risks they faced, and the benefits to the United States.
- Working with foreign partners: Challenges, risks, and benefits.
- Lessons Learned: A look at significant investigations with legal and policy ramifications.
CII welcomes comments and suggestions. If you have ideas about future topics or speakers, or if you want to volunteer your services as a speaker or otherwise at a CII event, please Contact Us.